We recommend the Recreational Aviation Australia (RA-Aus) Pilot Certificate as the first step on your aviation journey. With a PC, you can fly any two seat, recreational-registered aircraft during daylight hours within 25 nautical miles of the departure aerodrome. There are a couple of substantial benefits in using this method:

  • The cost of training is substantially cheaper than a traditional General Aviation (GA) pathway.
  • A large number of endorsements (such as passenger carry, controlled airspace/controlled aerodrome and cross country) are available to add to your experience.

Since September 2014, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) has introduced new licensing regulations (“Part 61”) that give straightforward pathways – such as through a Recreational Pilot Licence – if your goal is to go through to a Private or Commercial Pilot Licence. The best part? All of the hours you’ve built on the cheaper RA-Aus aircraft count.

Get in contact

Ready to take flight?

Your next step is to get in contact with us so we can setup a training platform tailored to you and your goals.

Get in contact